Cycle 274 Miles in August
Join our summer cycling challenge
Get out, enjoy the fresh air and raise vital funds for Brain Tumour Research to help find a cure for this devastating disease.
You can complete this virtual challenge in a way that suits you and at your own pace.
You could cycle the same distance every day or do different distances on different days. Spread your challenge throughout the whole month or challenge yourself to try to complete all 274 miles in a single week.
Cycle outdoors, on a static bike at home, or in the gym – it’s up to you!
Will you use your pedal power to help find a cure?
Get started by joining our Facebook Challenge group today.
Follow these simple steps to get started:
To get set up follow these simple steps:
- Register for your Cycle 274 Miles Challenge by completing this short form so we know where to send your FREE cycling jersey and printed mile tracker https://givp.nl/erf/fQSB5iwE
- Then follow the onscreen prompt to “Submit and Activate Fundraiser”
Once you have received your first donation on your Facebook Fundraiser page, our volunteers will send out your FREE gifts. Please allow 10 working days for this to arrive.
You can also join our friendly Facebook group here: www.facebook.com/groups/3182350068759769 for further help on how to get started and lots of support throughout your challenge
Our top fundraising tips
- Donate to your own fundraiser to get it started (Facebook recommends this)
- Invite people to contribute to your Facebook Fundraiser using the ‘invite’ button at the top of your fundraising page
- If you have a personal connection to brain tumours and you don't mind sharing, tell your story to inspire others to donate
- Ask your employer to match fund (double, triple, or quadruple) what you raise or give a set amount in your name
- Download an app or use a fitness watch to track your mileage and share your progress on your social media, linking to your Facebook Fundraiser and asking for donations
- You can also use our mile graphics to show your achievements whilst asking for donations
- Download our donation graphics here and share them on your social media to ask your friends, family and colleagues to give what they can
Why 274 miles?
We’ve set the challenge as 274 miles because £274 represents 10% of the cost of a day of research at one of our Brain Tumour Research Centres of Excellence. That’s also why when you raise £274 or more, you’ll
receive a FREE special medal in September to celebrate your great achievement. So go for it!
Raise £2,740 and you could sponsor a day of research at one of our Centres and have the opportunity to create a unique tile for our Wall of Hope to commemorate your incredible achievement. More information can be found here.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any other questions about taking part in this challenge and fundraising for us, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
If you still can’t find the answer you’re looking for, please email email@example.com and we will do our best to help as soon as we can. We are a small team, so please bear with us. We really appreciate your support.
Please follow all current COVID-19 guidelines as you take part in this challenge, you can find these on the Government website.